IBN HALDUN UNIVERSITY
REGISTRATION PERIOD PROCEDURES FOR 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
Students, who admitted at our university, are expected to complete their final registration personally at Ibn Haldun University, which is located in Başakşehir.
Registrations will be carried out by the appointment system due to COVID-19 pandemic. The students are required to perform their registration personally on the dates appointed. (If you do not have a chance to register personally while you have been abroad or out of the city during the registration dates, you may scan your documents and send to firstname.lastname@example.org address attached to an e-mail stating that it is for the registration, after you make the appointment for registration. Your registration will be held temporarily, until the physical copies of the documents are personally submitted. Due date for the delivery of the original documents will be determined according to the course of the pandemic and you will be informed.)
Required Documents for Registration
- Acceptance Letter
- Original and copy of diploma or interim certificate of graduation for Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree (Bachelor’s Degree for Master’s programs, Master’s Degree for Ph.D. programs)*
- Original and copy of transcript for Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree (Bachelor’s transcript for Master’s programs, Master’s transcript for Ph.D. programs)
- Foreign Language Proficiency Certificate (The proficiency levels of the students are ascertained upon their documentation of the success at the determined level in YDYS or one of the national/international exams recognized by YÖK and the Senate.)
- Passport and its copy. (Expired passports are not valid.)
- Residence Permit and its copy. (Those unable to provide residence permit may submit their document after they settle to Turkey. Until then, students need to specify their mother’s and father’s name on the e-mail that the registration documents are sent. )
- 4 photographs (Taken in last 6 months)
- Having a personal account from Kuveyt Turk Bank for students who will get monthly stipend. (Those unable to open an account in Kuveyt Turk Bank may also have one in Albaraka Bank.)
* Equivalence approval of the universities students got the Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees will be asked from the Turkish Council of Higher Education (YÖK). This approval is a legal requirement for international students to be able to enroll in graduate programs at Turkish universities. Registration will be valid only if the equivalence of the university is approved by YÖK.
**Those who provide their language proficiency by an exam result taken in our University, are not required to submit a language proficiency certificate. (For Ph.D enrollments, the University’s exam is not valid.)
The transportation opportunities are limited and new alternatives will be presented soon as the campus is new. Those who are unable to reach our campus, are required to come to “Fenertepe Peronlar” stop via public transportation and the vehicles will be provided between Fenertepe Peronlar stop and our University during the registration dates. The students need to be present in Fenertepe Peronlar stop 10 minutes before the appointment. You may request a vehicle via 0212 692 02 12 contact number with 1173 extension.
Those wishing to come to the University through their own means may view
- Students have to show up personally for registration. Postal service is not allowed.
- If registration documents are not in Turkish or English, translations of them are required, received from certified translation offices.
- The originals of the documents will be returned after they have been checked and their copies will be received.
- Unstamped or copied documents are not accepted during final registration.
- Registration cannot be completed with missing or falsified documents.
- Legal action is to be taken against those who submit falsified documents.
- Candidates who cannot finalize the registration procedures during the registration period due to an excuse, are required to contact with their Graduate School.
For questions and inquiries about registration, do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com
Preregistration for dormitories will be performed during the registration process. Detailed information on dormitory registrations will be shared on this page, later on.
Our university allocates an e-mail account for all registered students. You can access the wireless network and all the systems related to you as a student (library databases, student information system etc.) as well as e-mail with the created account information. The user name and password of your e-mail account are the same as the user name and password of all other systems that you will use at the University.
Your e-mail account will be created in the format of firstname.lastname@example.org. Your username is ‘name.surname’, just like pre-account information of your e-mail address. Your default temporary password is your Foreigner ID number. E-mail addresses of the students who have more than one name will be created according to the request of the student.
Example for single name accounts:
Name and Surname : Abdul KURTSEVIC
E-mail address : email@example.com
User Name : abdul.kurtsevic
Password : YU (Foreigner ID) Number
The password (Foreigner ID No) given for first login is temporary. To activate your account, the password is needed to be changed. You can change your password on the link below:
Your access to technical services will be activated automatically after the password is changed. The new password will also apply to all other technical panels.
Our university provides e-mail service through Gmail. You can reach your e-mails at mail.ibnhaldun.edu.tr.
Our library and computer laboratories are open to the public. This service is free from charge. Appointments can be made from the library information desk.
All lectures can be accessed by the public free from charge provided that a permit for participation is acquired from the relevant professor.